Finally got Chaps :{)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Belly

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2011
Connecticut
Been wanting to get a set for a while.....Wife always giving me a hard time....well, I grabbed the Credit Card, and ordered them last week, and they were here this morning....Lebonville Full Wrap.....she wasn't happy about the way I went about it (CC), but too late to argue, they are here (I feel a shift in the force==c). Now she fears I will get cocky being I'm wearing some form of PPE.....then she read the warnings that came with the Chaps, and didn't like the one that said it does not guarantee a saw won't cut thru it...."Why did we buy these":rolleyes:

it does not guarantee a saw won't cut thru it...."Why did we buy these"

I have seen them stop a saw first hand. I wear a pair of Husqvarna cheapos.

Every time I see posts on Chaps I keep thinking of the Village People.

Husky chaps here too.

Matt

Reactions: flyingcow
62546-Adult-Cowboy-Chaps-large (561x1300).jpg

Been wanting to get a set for a while.....Wife always giving me a hard time....well, I grabbed the Credit Card, and ordered them last week, and they were here this morning....Lebonville Full Wrap.....she wasn't happy about the way I went about it (CC), but too late to argue, they are here (I feel a shift in the force==c). Now she fears I will get cocky being I'm wearing some form of PPE.....then she read the warnings that came with the Chaps, and didn't like the one that said it does not guarantee a saw won't cut thru it...."Why did we buy these":rolleyes:

This seems so odd to me that a wife would begrudge a husband of an item that will actually keep him SAFER._g
[Seat belts don't guarantee I won't be hurt in a car wreck either, but I still wear mine
.]

Chaps are an excellent investment of money. I wear the Labonville Extreme Competition chaps.

>>>Chaps, steel toes, eye wear...ALWAYS!;)<<<

Stay safe!

.then she read the warnings that came with the Chaps, and didn't like the one that said it does not guarantee a saw won't cut thru it...."Why did we buy these":rolleyes:

My chaps are 9 ply . Same kind of wording about the possibility of still getting cut .
It's likely there for those that use electric chainsaws. They're a different animal from gas saws.
But even if it's for gas saws ,i'd still rather have my saw munch on 9 plies of kevlar on it's way to my leg than one ply of denim . Seems to me that doctor bill would be less . ::-)
If you want to get a bit more grief , tell her that if you damage them you have to replace them . :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.