Finally got it burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Excell

Feeling the Heat
Oct 1, 2009
Winnipeg
I started at the beginning of October ,and have it running for the first time today . I spent the first week on the phone trying to find an installer ,and trying to get
specs from the city . I never did find an installer so I ended up installing it my self . I have done it to code and will call the inspector as soon as I get my garage cleaned up . It took me three weeks to get my chimney from PipeVent.com,and when it did come there was no pipe . I got that locally for another $120.00 .I wish I would have gone there in the first place .You will notice that the stove is sitting 18" above the floor on concrete ,it is a building code requirement ,the black metal thing on the right is a guard that goes over the glass to protect it from flying objects when I am working . Such as car parts ,or air nails . I may make the hole a little larger . I had it running for a couple of hours and it seems to work good .

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 237
Yea I couldn't think of any thing else at the time and now I just find it easy to remember . I just keep adding L's until it is accepted as a user name .You are only the second person to figure that out .

jtakeman said:
Looks good Excell.

What are you burning for pellets?

jay

I have two bags of Surefire Pellets ,that I got with the stove . I will burn them first . I have thirty bags of Prairie Pellet co. premium grade wood pellets ,twenty bags of Winnipeg pellet co. premium grade wood pellets . As soon as I make space I will get some more from Rona ,they have some kind of BC pellets that I want to try .

Excell said:
jtakeman said:
Looks good Excell.

What are you burning for pellets?

jay

I have two bags of Surefire Pellets ,that I got with the stove . I will burn them first . I have thirty bags of Prairie Pellet co. premium grade wood pellets ,twenty bags of Winnipeg pellet co. premium grade wood pellets . As soon as I make space I will get some more from Rona ,they have some kind of BC pellets that I want to try .

Surefire Pellets are sisters to the Okies we talk about hear. Like to hear what you think of them. Once you tried the others too!

Status
Not open for further replies.