Finally got it figured out.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCPO

Minister of Fire
I took a 6 ft length of 6" flexible alum duct off the front of my stove (in finished basement) and vented it into the floor register near the living room/kit/din rm. I also installed a 10" (quiet) fan in the floor register at the end of the hall to pull down the cold air into the basement. I now have more heat up and less down resulting in significantly improved equalized temps.
I did leave 2 holes clear on the front of the stove to heat the basement.
It all (6' duct) looks like hell but it works great.

Sheesh, Your testing my memory Gio. After I looked at your album I realized who you were. ;)

May not be the prettiest, but its functional.

Where did you find the 6" flex duct? Never seen it that big?

Where did you find the 6" flex duct? Never seen it that big?

Home Depot . It was about $15 for a 6 ft length.
My install is a bit unusual since the chimney is in the middle of the house. (former wood stove)

Nope. Just remembered your old screen name after looking at your old photos.

Incognito these days?
Not sure what happened . I might have been drinking .

Reactions: DexterDay
Being a Master Chief, there's a pretty good chance you 'might have been drinking'..... :)

Being a Master Chief, there's a pretty good chance you 'might have been drinking'..... :)

Navy tradition! I should add (ret) on that handle . I think the change happened when I got a new computer and couldn`t remember my forum ID and password.

Hello

What style house do you have? Is the return register near bedrooms?

Cannot see the pic now, is it still there?

hmmm, I just looked at your photo. do you really have 2 horses in your house?

Navy tradition! I should add (ret) on that handle . I think the change happened when I got a new computer and couldn`t remember my forum ID and password.
Yep, I drank more than my share on my sub. There's another sailor here, 'subsailor'.

Status
Not open for further replies.