Finally got my Fpx Elite 33 going nicely!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fprintf

Mar 14, 2011
Central CT, USA
At the end of December, just in time for the tax rebates, we bought and installed a FpX Elite 33 for our small fireplace. I did the typical thing and ordered some "seasoned" firewood just before delivery, spent a few days stacking it under the porch only to find out it wouldn't light. I now read tons of posts lamenting the same thing. I had to pick through the wood to find burnable pieces - anything light enough and that felt reasonably dry. Just about the time we received 3 feet of snow I was running out of anything to burn, the rest just smoldered and would take forever to light.

Fast forward to this weekend and someone mentioned bio blocks being really good. The dealer had mentioned them but I originally considered them fake and seemingly really expensive. Oh how I wish I could have these 6 weeks back... we have been slowly shifting a recent order of a ton of bio blocks from the dealer to my house in 20 package increments in our Volvo XC70 wagon. I wish we had done this sooner, we absolutely love them. The fireplace is fantastic. I am not a huge fan of the metal fit kit but with our fireplace dimensions it was quite necessary.

The bio blocks themselves are so easy to use! Just build a pyramid in the back corner, get the flames going in about 20 minutes and then load about 8 more blocks in around the pyramid. I was almost wishing for frigid temperatures last night just to crank it up.

To say I am happy with our purchase, somewhat subsidized by the U.S. taxpayers, is an understatement!!

Your handle is too tempting. I can't resist...

Code:
char* Strings[] = { "nice", "stove", "dude" };

int main (int argc, *argv[])
{
    int i;
    for (i = 0; i < 3; i += 1) {
        fprintf(File, "%s ", Strings[i]);
    }
    fprintf(File, "
");
    return 0;
}