Finally got stove installed! Thanks for all info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dalt

Oct 5, 2013
oklahoma
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
THAT looks REALLY nice in there!:)

Thanks started with a hole cut in drywall from old covered over fireplace. Took 3 months but got it finished!

:oops:Don't know why you mounted everything sideways but hey to each his own....Otherwise it looks good.

The stove image is rotated now. Harmony restored. Lookin good dalt!

Last edited:
That's a beautiful installation, of which you should be very proud. Excellent work!

Is there going to be a mantel shield? If I recall the Isle Royale needs a generous clearance above it to combustibles. If so a discrete mantel shield would be advised.

As of now no mantle shield. The stove sticks out about 4" from opening. So not getting a lot of the heat but would be a good idea I'll look into! Thanks

Do you have a before picture?

Looks fantastic! Well done.

Just took pics off old phone so not very clear! Also need begreen's help on some pic flipping! Haha

Looks great nice work! If u flip the pic and save it sideways on the phone then flip it back to normal and save it should post normal!

Tfdchief...noticed the tuscola fire dept! My dad lived in mattoon for awhile. Majority of family around Danville,il area! Small world.

Reactions: tfdchief
Nice-looking stove and install. :cool:
Is there going to be a mantel shield? If I recall the Isle Royale needs a generous clearance above it to combustibles.
That would make sense for a heat-blower like the IR.
May be a 'photo fooler' but in the pic it looks like it is miles up to that mantle....

Tfdchief...noticed the tuscola fire dept! My dad lived in mattoon for awhile. Majority of family around Danville,il area! Small world.
Very small world for sure. My son lives in Mattoon now. Have some good friends in Danville.

Status
Not open for further replies.