Finally... Got the Install Finished...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chvymn99

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2010
Kansas
I bought the Englander NC-13 stove just before Thanksgivings. With the work schedule and everything, finally finished up pretty much last night. Then had about 1/2-1" of snow lastnight. So I had to wait until this afternoon till the snow got off the roof.

But its off to a beautiful beginning. Just am starting my third breakin fire. Hopefully just a couple more, will do. But boy does thing, put out the heat. Even with the last fire going 300 hundred on the stove pipe, it puts out some heat. I think as soon as this smell goes away, the heat be readily enjoyed. Oh, ok I am enjoying it already.

Thanks for all the great information that I've been able to pick up along the way. Hopefully, I be able to chime in some time and some one. Thanks and enjoy

Congratulations. Good to hear that you are all ready to go. Open up some windows and get it up to at least 500 stove top to bake in the paint. And post some pictures of it burning. We like FIRE!

Congrats, hope to see more of you around here and I 2nd the call for pictures.

pen

I cured the paint on my new stove with three burns, out in front of the garage, prior to install. First burn in the house was still a headache inducing experience. I can't imagine how bad it would have been doing the full cure indoors!

Glad to hear you got the install done. Me personally, I don't think I could have waited as long as you. Pics of her burning, Pics man, Pics.

chvymn99 said:
I bought the Englander NC-13 stove just before Thanksgivings. With the work schedule and everything, finally finished up pretty much last night.

Only those who installed their stoves before New Years qualify for the tax credit. I'm sure you mean you got the stove installed before New Years, but only had the time to light it last night. ;)

Congrats!

Been out playing in the snow, just got to sit down. Thanks for all the comments...

Here's the first fire

4a978917.jpg

Here's its pad

a8e45654.jpg

Actually itldid stink pretty bad, but I opened up the back door and a back window. Then let a window fan create the draft. But hopefully it will all be pretty well done now, with only a couple lighter episodes.

Hopefully I'll start getting more comfortable with this, just kinda different.

Had my first good long burn lastnight. Its just amazing how much heat this thing puts off. I just find the air control rod is kinda tricky to operate. Maybe experience will come here soon.

Congrats and welcome to the 13 club! I love mine. You will get better with the air control over time. I either close it down in 1/3's or 1/4's depending on the load and temps. Good luck with it, and enjoy the heat!

Anthony

Brother Bart should be along at some point with your Englander T-shirt. ;)

I got home last night, 12 hours later, and still had a good bed of coals. And the nights fire was off to the race's. Also, I was still kinda of shocked to feel how warm the stove was, it retains heat pretty well. Just kinda of wished the firebox was a little bigger, but oh well. I just have to sort through my wood pile a little more til the snow melts a little. But next year my cuts will be much smaller. One pile for the garage stove and one for the house stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.