finally got the shop about done.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsmaster

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2010
N.W. Ohio
after a year and half here it is. I did probably 90% of the work myself with help from friends on the rest.

Attachments

• back of shop.jpg
    back of shop.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 769
  • front of shop.jpg
    front of shop.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 768
  • east inside shop.jpg
    east inside shop.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 782
  • shop loft.jpg
    shop loft.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 812
Sweet!

Beauty!!!

What year Vett under the cover??

There will be a bathroom and office under the loft.

You suck! I can't even fit my bicyle in the garage.

Wallyworld said:
Nice,looks like a nice space to work in, how you going to heat it

In floor radiant via wood gasifacation boiler.

Attachments

• s floor 1 (2).jpg
    s floor 1 (2).jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 677
That is sweet having the radiant heat. I just got mine built, doing the concrete next week. Kind of hard for me to justify a bathroom when the house is only a 100 feet away.

GolfandWoodNut said:
That is sweet having the radiant heat. I just got mine built, doing the concrete next week. Kind of hard for me to justify a bathroom when the house is only a 100 feet away.

My house is about 120' away. I justified it becouse it really didn't cost much for the extra plumbing. I had a drain for the floor going in anyhow. I got a free used toilet and vanity from work
and someday will build a shower stall out of tile. It will be nice when friends are over or if I have muddy shoes to not have to go in the house. When I come home from working
on a lead renovation I can clean up out there and not contaminate my house with lead dust etc. I also have considered making an apartment out there for extra income ,but Im
affraid the inlaws would try to move in.

Awesome!

Just awesome.
"In floor heating", you are spoiled :)
Great job!!

woodsmaster said:
GolfandWoodNut said:

My house is about 120' away. I justified it becouse it really didn't cost much for the extra plumbing. I had a drain for the floor going in anyhow. I got a free used toilet and vanity from work
and someday will build a shower stall out of tile. It will be nice when friends are over or if I have muddy shoes to not have to go in the house. When I come home from working
on a lead renovation I can clean up out there and not contaminate my house with lead dust etc. I also have considered making an apartment out there for extra income ,but Im
Does the drain go into a septic system? I do not think I would want it in the floor drain unless it was going into a septic system or city sewer. My floor drain is just draining outside the building.

GolfandWoodNut said:
woodsmaster said:
GolfandWoodNut said:

Does the drain go into a septic system? I do not think I would want it in the floor drain unless it was going into a septic system or city sewer. My floor drain is just draining outside the building.

I couldn't find any tiles to drain into so into the septic it goes.

was there a build thread around here?

Just wondering specs on it... looks like 2x4 framing with glass insulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.