1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Finally got the Stihl MS290

Post in 'The Gear' started by Beer Belly, Oct 22, 2012.

1. HittinSteel

HittinSteel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeastern Ohio
    You should be able to find some pretty graphic picture of chainsaw/flesh contact on the internet. If that doesn't convince her, I'd make an executive decision and buy the stuff anyway.
    MasterMech likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Sometimes it really is better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission. ==c
  3. firecracker_77

firecracker_77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NWI office - 2 Heritages; Chicago home - Woodstock
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre is the best safety video for what a chainsaw can do to a person.
  4. Beer Belly

Beer Belly Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Connecticut
    If I showed her graphic pictures of what could happen, she'd take my toys away:( .....and I can't spend a dime without permission....she runs the books in the family, and has planned for our retirement, so the $$$ are watched carefully....Doctor bills aren't a concern, got great Medical bennies....but I'm sure I can make a good arguement to just be on the safe side.....what would you get first...Chaps, or other gear ??....keep in mind 99% of my cutting is on the ground
  5. firecracker_77

firecracker_77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NWI office - 2 Heritages; Chicago home - Woodstock
    I think you should have that helmet system and chaps. Gotta think kick-back with that helmet. If that saw chain comes flying at your head, those medical benefits won't mean that much to you. Ignoring money, think about your face. Isn't remaining scar free more valuable than a few extra bucks in your golden years? I really did see a helmet for like $20. Surely, that won't break the bank. Here's another cheaper one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHAINSAW-BR...S-/390476893936?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true
  6. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

I personally would be in a straight jacket babbling to myself in that arrangement. I work too hard for my paycheck to not have any say in how it's saved/spent. That said, SWMBO runs the books in our home too ('cause she's good at it!), and I don't usually touch my regular paycheck. If I need money for something that I can't cover with my business or other side work, then we talk that out.

Go for the chaps first. Then a helmet system.