Finally got wood stacked.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks really good Dennis ! Usually that warm feeling is a good one but that might overheat me today 97F here.

Ok Dennis give me some of that 7" please ! We got 2.5" from what I saw .

Pete

Pete, I was down your way this afternoon but didn't drive by because I figured you'd be at work. Al is going to tear the motor apart. He thinks it might be a rod but I don't. We'll see.

btw, that was not 7" but only .7"

O my bad ;lol Ya we don't get home till around 6pm. Hopefully it gets fixed this time Is it covered by labor warranty?

Pete

Dennis, I am curious how far you stack the wood from the house? I get the feeling it is a fair distance and you bring it closer when you need it. I have a tendancy to stack it closer because I like to see it.

We've stacked close to the house in the past; probably 30 feet is as close as we got. Right now I have wood stacks all over the place. The furthest is probably not much over 1/4 mile. Actually we used to stack a lot of it close to the house but that is where we put the barn so the only wood in there is the 3 cord we put in during the fall of the year. Usually in October.

I too enjoy seeing my wood stacks. Always have. Today I went back to the last stack to get some of the loose bark. Ended up sitting there on the atv talking to a pair of fawns for about 10 minutes. They were curious but not afraid. That is one of the things I love about our place.

Reactions: tfdchief
great stacks, gives us rookies something to shoot for. Our recent high winds blew one of my jigsaw puzzles down in a heap!
and good stuff about the fawns - nothing like living in the woods. Talked to a yearling bear last week, told him sternly to stay away from the houses so he doesn't get hurt. He lowered his head like a scared dog and ran off

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
We've stacked close to the house in the past; probably 30 feet is as close as we got. Right now I have wood stacks all over the place. The furthest is probably not much over 1/4 mile. Actually we used to stack a lot of it close to the house but that is where we put the barn so the only wood in there is the 3 cord we put in during the fall of the year. Usually in October.

I too enjoy seeing my wood stacks. Always have. Today I went back to the last stack to get some of the loose bark. Ended up sitting there on the atv talking to a pair of fawns for about 10 minutes. They were curious but not afraid. That is one of the things I love about our place.
I am just clearing a new food plot for the deer, building a tree stand and putting in more trails. There is one doe that let's me drive the quad within 6 yards without moving. I know I have to thin out some of the herd because they are eating all the neighbors plants, but it will be tough to shoot one that is that tame. The bucks are much tougher to find but the does are too plentiful.

I am just clearing a new food plot for the deer, building a tree stand and putting in more trails. There is one doe that let's me drive the quad within 6 yards without moving. I know I have to thin out some of the herd because they are eating all the neighbors plants, but it will be tough to shoot one that is that tame. The bucks are much tougher to find but the does are too plentiful.
I know what you mean - we had an albino doe running around that was small and sickly,had no fear. Everyone passed it up but it didn't make it through the winter. Saw a fat 6 point (so far) I think will fill the freezer nicely.

We had 2 or 3 does that we could get really close to. Sadly, we have people who lease land near us and they open fire on all deer. So, we're working on a few more. Last winter and spring we had some coming to the yard and most got so used to seeing us in the house they never flinched. We could stand or walk past the sliding glass doors with the deer only about 30-40 feet from the house.

One year I had a pet partridge. That bird would follow me all over the place. If I sat in a tree stand, the bird would fly up and sit on a limb.

Status
Not open for further replies.