Finally, I see grass.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay dry ... and away from the rivers.

Plenty of grass to be seen around here, but it's still way too soggy for any raking. I watched the news about the flooding up your way and stopped whining about how soggy the lawn is! Lots of snowpack and prolonged cold means the rivers are clogged with ice. That too many have built and continue to live in natural flood plains spells bad news. Move high and don't suppose you can ford high water over a road!!

Its better than expected with the flooding. But we'll see what happens the next few days. But was out in the woods yesterday. In the soft wood growths, still close to 3ft of snow.

http://m.wmur.com/news/flooding-forces-road-closures-on-wednesday-morning/25509538

This is my town the other day. Well, the river is the town line. Happens every few years or so. Two gas stations under water, both open next day??? Yep, I'll get my gas elsewhere for a few days.

Then some idiots dared their buddy to jump into the ice cold swollen river, 32 years old, they're still looking for the body. Darwinism. ..

All in all, not too bad considering nothing melted all winter.

Reactions: flyingcow
Right now our good neighbors to the north east( New Brunswick Canada) are getting hammered. By flood water, not beer, it's not looking good. Hopefully works out for the best.

Warm in NH......can't imagine putting a toe in the water, let alone diving in.

Status
Not open for further replies.