Finally in!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cuznvin

Nov 5, 2011
Long Island
Been burning it for a few hours each day. Slight smoke smell when starting up.... Dealer is supposed to come on Saturday to check it..

Attachments

• enviro.jpg
    enviro.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 521
nice
Smoke?

cuznvin said:
Been burning it for a few hours each day. Slight smoke smell when starting up.... Dealer is supposed to come on Saturday to check it..

Looks nice, is that a direct vent pellet stove.

zap

zapny said:
cuznvin said:

Looks nice, is that a direct vent pellet stove.

zap

Enviro M55 Cast Pellet....

No smoke should be smelled... Not on start-up or any other time. Seen your pots in the Pellet Mill.

You have a NICE stove. Scratch that... You have BEAUTIFUL STOVE. Make sure the dealer is there during a start-up and if smoke is smelled, to reseal everything. No smoke and no smell.

Smoke = CO. And CO is NOT GOOD.

Good luck. You have one of the nicest stoves on the market, IMO, they should make sure its installed right. You paid good money for that stove.

Smoke smell . . . or hot smell like dust being burned off . . . or acrid smell like paint curing and oils being burned off?

firefighterjake said:
Smoke smell . . . or hot smell like dust being burned off . . . or acrid smell like paint curing and oils being burned off?

Definitely smoke because it only happens on startup or when turning off and there is a lot of smoke being produced.

cuznvin said:
firefighterjake said:

Definitely smoke because it only happens on startup or when turning off and there is a lot of smoke being produced.

Pellet stove, right? How is your vent pipe set up? Straight through the wall . . . straight out and up a bit? Sounds like it may be a problem with your draft.

firefighterjake said:
cuznvin said:
firefighterjake said:

Pellet stove, right? How is your vent pipe set up? Straight through the wall . . . straight out and up a bit? Sounds like it may be a problem with your draft.

Its straight out the wall with an OAK. The problem to me is a leak.

cuznvin said:
firefighterjake said:
cuznvin said:
firefighterjake said:

Could be . . . but I'm wondering if you were to add a vertical rise to the outside pipe of 3-4 feet if that wouldn't solve the problem by allowing a positive, natural draft before the stove lights up and after it stops burning?

firefighterjake said:
cuznvin said:
firefighterjake said:
cuznvin said:
firefighterjake said:

Could be . . . but I'm wondering if you were to add a vertical rise to the outside pipe of 3-4 feet if that wouldn't solve the problem by allowing a positive, natural draft before the stove lights up and after it stops burning?

Dealer called and is coming on Sunday. He said I shouldnt have a smoke smell..

Enviro makes a nice looking pellet stove they look more like a wood stove to me.. Congrats!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.