Finally Inspected

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curtis Koble

Dec 2, 2005
Installed on Dec 23rd. First inspector out was the Fire Marshal. He said wow that’s neat. How do you open it? I told him turn the handle clockwise. He looked inside and said where’s chimney? I was baffled and told him it’s in the wall and out the roof. He then asked where’s the gas line? I said it’s a wood-stove. He said then what are the gas tubes on the top of the firebox. I then gave him the low down on the EPA woodstoves. Needless to say I passed.

2nd inspection was today with the town inspector. He said that looks nice, how do you open it. Sorry, but I just had to laugh and told him to turn the handle clockwise. In and out in less than two minutes.

Reading all the information in here was a great help and I want to thank all the people in this forum.

Hope the pic turns out

Attachments

• ST01.jpg
    ST01.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 388
Looks like the Regency I2400. I have the same one. I got it in October. Great stove!

Looks Great! How do you like it?

It is pretty disconcerting when the inspector doesn't know what they're looking at (apologies to any conscientious inspectors out there!).

Congrats!

Yes it is the Regency 2400 and I love it. Better yet my wife loves it more. It was 135 bucks for the permits OUCH. I know I should not have burned until it was inspected but I have almost every day since the install. 1600 sq ft and I can heat it all. The only problem is my wife keeps finding free wood and I’ve been on a constant fetch mode. Picked up another two truck loads today. Guess I'm going to need to borrow my old mans log splitter :bug: Once again everything I have read in this forum has helped tremendously. Special thx to Elk.

Attachments

• wp1.jpg
    wp1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 348
Fetch while the fetching's good ! When /if you have to buy wood...it can cost a pretty penny ! + unless you know who you're buying from, you can get wet , unseasoned , soft wood, etc.
Any free wood is good wood.

My inspector chastised me for NOT burning it before he came. He said ~ " how do you know it drafts ok?"

I told him I was more concerned about my insurance bailing on me if there was a problem burning prior to passing inspection.
...and that the dealer was straight up, and would come out and help deal with it if there were any issues.

The most helpful resource I have found(quite by accident) has been this forum . We all have one thing in common. And you can't beat getting a round of responses to your questions from such a cool group of diverse , self-reliant characters !

Enjoy the warmth . You've earned it .

Status
Not open for further replies.