1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Finally installed and first burn!

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by bayshorecs, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ikessky

ikessky Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern WI
    I should have said MOST women, not all women. Sorry. Never once said girls can't do guy things though. I would actually enjoy if my wife would come and help me with firewood. Hard to do with a baby at home though.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bfunk13

bfunk13 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Wyoming
    Great job!
    Congrats.
  3. bayshorecs

bayshorecs New Member

Loc:
    Central Illinois
    Couple more pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    This is a great thread, bayshorecs, and I appreciate you posting the whole history of your beautifully executed installation for us to admire. I think it's time now for me to move the whole thing over to the "Perfect Picture" forum, which is a more appropriate place for it to reside. Here we go... Rick
  5. InTheRockies

InTheRockies New Member

Loc:
    Northern US Rockies
    Great job on the install, beautiful stove. You'll enjoy it on those cold winter days. I have to chuckle at some of the perceptions of women. Being female myself, I can assure you that we can be interested enough to install our own stoves as well as buck and split our own wood (some of us split all our wood by hand without the use of splitters, too). Heck, where I live now, everyone--men, women, and children--get involved in the wood-burning routine, that's how most people here heat their homes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.