Finally it's in and running :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

letsblaze

Feeling the Heat
And holy hell 73 degrees is way too hot! Ran on 9 feed and 9 blower for the first houston cure the pipe and set the hi-temp. I've had it on 1-2 for the last 2 hours and its still cooking. The furthest room in the house is running 67 and the stove has been up for 4 hours total. The main area which is normally 65 on LP. This stove seem to be loving Indeck pellets which were 169.00 a ton at TSC. Outside air temp is a balmy 10 degrees. :)

2012-01-21_20-00-47_12.jpg

1430 sf and roasting. Thinking on cooking a roast on top tomorrow. :)

Congrats on the install.....stove looks good. Enjoy the heat!!

Yep.... Glad to see you got it installed. Even if its not in the spot you wanted it....

Enjoy the heat.. (I see the Surge Protector / way to go) ;-P

Looks good enjoy the heat :exclaim:

Your hearth plate doesn't look that bad for a corner install, looks really good.

Total cost of purchase, repair, pipe,hearth and 25 bags of pellets was less then 500.00

Looks great! Really like the price! Enjoy the warmth!!! :)

letsblaze said:
Total cost of purchase, repair, pipe,hearth and 25 bags of pellets was less then 500.00

i'd add another one if i could find one at that price

I know it really doesn't look like a good idea having a fan on top of the stove & I have to agree. But it is sitting on the lid of the hopper, and it doesn't get that hot. My concerns would be more related to the cord touching, or something else touching, the front part of the stove, that gets super hot.

oldmountvernon said:
chit happens ... could fall over end up laying in the front and that couch seems so close... like i said im never the one to point this stuff out but it made me cringe

I get beat up at times for "calling out". But OMV is right.... Stuff happens.

That and the stove will warm the place better if you blow cold air at the stove. Place that fan at the back of the hall, or from another room adjacent to the stove room and blow the cold air along the floor to the hot stove. Hot air will replace the cold air. Air movement is much more efficient this way.

Worth a shot. The stoves convection blower should be doing a good enough job for that room.

What settings are you running on? (Heat and Fan)?

The 3 buttons are at 2,3,1 and heat and fan are(were before I left for work and the wife turned it up) at 4-6.
The couch is 18 inches away from the stove, that pic makes things look strange from the angle. Not sure what the couch should be at for clearance.

letsblaze said:
The 3 buttons are at 2,3,1.....

If you're getting good heat from the stove on those settings, good for you. The factory setting is 4-6-1, so you should be saving pellets with those settings.

So with that hearth I thinking of filling in the triangles on the sides with 1/4 bottom a 2x4 laying on its face and 1/2 ply and tiled like the rest of the hearth so I can make a tool cubby under it like the other guy did who just made one. This way I can put the buckets of quick top off and walk out the door pellets on it and it will look cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.