Finally learned how to post

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostontom

Feb 3, 2013
South shore ma
Hello all finally gettin the hang of this and can't wait to be a part of it. My wife and I just bought our first home and the new neighbors thought and I quote " the crazies moved in next door" because in 2 months I had 6 cords cut and hand split and love doing it. Always did it for my parents never for my own use. Also have 2 types of wood I need identified. Hopefully I can figure out how to post pics soon and u guys can help me out. Thanks

Welcome aboard Tom! I think you'll find this forum to have a wealth of knowledge, I certainly have. I post pics by saving them to the computer and then using the upload option when posting. Get some pics up of all that wood and the mystery types and I bet we can help you out!

Reactions: PapaDave
Congratulations! Good thing my neighbors like me. And they like the smell of my stove in winter too....You already have 6 cords stacked, you have a foot in the right direction, hopefully it will be dry enough to use shortly. Send in the pics so we can see what you have...

Welcome - sounds like you fit right in!!

Welcome to the forum.

welcome. I'm on the SS also. My neighbors pretty much keep a polite, low profile. I like it that way!

Welcome Tom. Enjoy your new addiction.

Welcome! May you never be cured of the wood virus:)

Welcome! Can't wait to see the pics of your setup. Love Boston by the way, one of my favorite cities here in the East.

Hello all finally gettin the hang of this and can't wait to be a part of it. My wife and I just bought our first home and the new neighbors thought and I quote " the crazies moved in next door" because in 2 months I had 6 cords cut and hand split and love doing it. Always did it for my parents never for my own use. Also have 2 types of wood I need identified. Hopefully I can figure out how to post pics soon and u guys can help me out. Thanks

Welcome to the forum Tom.

Let the neighbors think you are crazy. Many wood burners go through that and simply laugh at them or ignore them. We keep a minimum of 3 years worth of wood split and stacked at all times. Don't mind if someone things I am crazy because this works great and we have no burning problems.

Putting up 6 cord of wood in 2 months time is a lot of work so my hat is off to you. Nice work indeed. It will be good to get the wood identified so you know what to expect of it this winter and next.

If you still can not upload pictures, start a new conversation with me and I'll help. To do that, simply click on my screen name and that will bring up a pop-up window. Look for, "Start a Conversation" in the 4th line from the top and click on that. Rest is self explanatory. Good luck.

Welcome. I will wait till you have a few dozen posts before I joke with ya next time. But I will. ;lol

I was skeptical about the x27, but I picked it up cheap at Walmart and it does work well. The hatchet works even better on tree limbs.

Yup. My neighbors thought I was nuts when I was splitting/stacking non stop for 3 weeks this April. I got 6 cords stacked for the next two years. My neighbor is even more insane. He is a tree guy and brings home the wood from the trees he cuts down. He sells about 40 cords a year and there is a giant pile of wood in his yard.

Then after the first cold snap comes and they get their heating bill they start enthusiastically asking us about wood stoves. Then they remember all the splitting and stacking we've done and quietly walk away until the same time next year.

Bart I can take it just as good as I can give it I think we'll get along just fine:cool:
popcorn.gif

Reactions: BrotherBart
In one of his first posts Tom made a typo Freudian slip and I landed on it for a laugh like I always do. It was really funny. He reacted like he thought this is one of those forums where folks pick on each other and one of the other mods had the good grace to delete my post and Tom's response. I didn't notice that he was a new member when I did it. Things are moving fast around here since it got cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.