Finally located a triaxle load

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brooktrout

Dec 23, 2007
Hamden, NY
Well, I have been trying for awhile to secure a load of logs for next year, and it has been extremely difficult. Everyone I talked to said they were at least one or two months out before they could get me a load, and the prices were all around $700. Tonite I got a call back and was pleased to secure a load (7-8 cord) of maple, ash and cherry for $500. Will be here next week. He also offered to sell me a pick-up truck load (I pick it up) of seasoned stuff for $25. (We are out of wood as of tomorrow.) This morning I also bought a used 25 ton splitter with an 8 HP Honda engine for $550. What a great day ;-)

Both prices sound very reasonable brooktrout...I'd buy as much as I could afford. If you have the room to store those log loads they'll still be good for a couple more years if stored over sacrificial limbs/logs off the ground. Better than money in the bank.

edit to add...just say'en all week long I've been cutting logs that have weathered over 2 winters and they're still prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.