Finally Made My Choice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT-Mike

Minister of Fire
Mar 22, 2008
New England
I have been trying to decide on a splitter for the last two years or so. Finally made up my mind and went with a Timberwolf TW-2. I was thinking about going to the TW-2HD but I really couldn't justify the extra expense giving how many cords I go through a year. one drawback with the -2 is that it splits towards the hitch. Really a PITA when you are finished for the day and it is time to put it away. I guess adding the outfeed table will help, I guess I will have to pony up the extra dough for that add-on. Anyhow, I was able to split 3.5 cords working by myself in about 4 hours.

Very happy with the machine, the 9 second cycle time is great.

Will post pic's tomorrow.
Edited to add: Should've said 2.5 cords above, not 3.5

Good for you! Looking forward to the picture.

ATB,
Mike

Yikes...I Google up an image and was surprised to see the controls were opposite of ours. I suppose after an hour or so on it it would become 2nd nature. Good luck...that's the last splitter you'll ever buy.

CT-Mike said:
I have been trying to decide on a splitter for the last two years or so. Finally made up my mind and went with a Timberwolf TW-2. I was thinking about going to the TW-2HD but I really couldn't justify the extra expense giving how many cords I go through a year. one drawback with the -2 is that it splits towards the hitch. Really a PITA when you are finished for the day and it is time to put it away. I guess adding the outfeed table will help, I guess I will have to pony up the extra dough for that add-on. Anyhow, I was able to split 3.5 cords working by myself in about 4 hours.

Very happy with the machine, the 9 second cycle time is great.

Will post pic's tomorrow.

thats faster than I can move.

just wondering, because there isn't a local dealer around here, what did that unit set you back?

smokinjay said:
thats faster than I can move.

Exactly. I wanted a machine that was waiting on me instead of the other way around.

NSearchOfTribalKnowledge said:
just wondering, because there isn't a local dealer around here, what did that unit set you back?

With the 4-way wedge and the governors cut (6%), I paid $3100 out the door. List price is $2995, another $200 for the 4-way, and $192 for the tax. All told he gave me a deal that saved me $292. It did come filled with gas, oil, and hydro as well. Great sales staff and service, and I was able to support a local saw shop as well. Same shop where I bought the MS361, the 038AV, as well as hiring him to truck a load of logs to my house.

Always nice to support a local small business when you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.