Finally made my hearth for my money saver!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ktfinch2000

Sep 13, 2008
Coventry, Rhode Island
I just thought I would post up a pic of the hearth pad I made for my stove. If your wondering why I have a notch cut out in it is because I have a central air vent near the corner where the stove is going. I figure once I drop the pad in place all I need to do is replace the wall vent over top. I will post some pics after I install everything. I made the hearth out of 2 layers of 3/4" plywood, 1 layer of 3/8" cement board, and finally the slate tile. hearth height is 2 3/8". Total cost 85 bucks and yes its heavy! Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• DSC00887.JPG
    DSC00887.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 654
Nice work! Looks like you spent the money you saved on tools :)

Thanks for the complement I do custom cabinetry for a living so I've had to spend quite a bit of money on machinery

It looks like you've done a great job! Just imagine what that would have cost you otherwise...

Steve

Well here it is installed and a coat of tile sealer. Stove comes tommorrow I'm so excited!!! I'll post more pics after stoves installed

Attachments

• DSC00893.JPG
    DSC00893.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 543
Looks really nice! Looking forward to the pics of the stove sitting on it.

thanks everyone I enjoyed making it and I'm happy with it. can't wait to be sitting in front of it once the stoves up and running Thanks again guys!!

ktfinch2000 said:
Well here it is installed and a coat of tile sealer. Stove comes tommorrow I'm so excited!!! I'll post more pics after stoves installed

Hope you realize that it might get dirty if you light the stove and put pellets in it

Status
Not open for further replies.