Finally made up mind - Blaze King it is. Now...the hard part.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbluebus

Jan 8, 2011
Northern IL
Can anyone suggest a good place where to purchase a King? I read here that the prices are better in the west coast, rather than east or central plains, but I don't know which dealer is reputable there. I have relatives in CA, WA & OR. If anyone can turn me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Also, please state your experiences with your supplier if you recently bought one.

cmonSTART said:
You'll have to purchase from your local dealer. BK is very strict about their dealer territory.
I will be visiting relatives in the west coast, so if anyone has had a good experience with a dealer in the northwest, please let me know.

So you want better pricing so you can ship it back home? Am I missing something? You read here? How about you actually visit a local dealer and see what the prices are?

I've shopped prices around and have found my local dealers are on drugs! Seems they're 800 bucks higher than some western dealers.

rdust said:
I've shopped prices around and have found my local dealers are on drugs! Seems they're 800 bucks higher than some western dealers.

Yes, I've read in this forum that east coast and central states run about 1k-1.5k higher on BK. Since I'll be driving to the west coast anyhow, I can at least recoup the diesel money.

Beetle-Kill said:
Are you going to buy the stove now, or wait until the season is over?
I will be making the trip at end of this month so I'll be buying it pretty soon.
Why?

I doubt the prices at the end of the season will be any better, since I've found that most dealers do not stock these; they are mostly sold on a pre-order basis.

True, but you may find a more motivated seller in the off-season. FWIW, I was quoted $2900 on up this time last year, for the base model King. I purchased in the summer, parlor model, side shields, blower, and the gold door and trim- $2835 out the door. i saved a couple hundred easy.

Beetle-Kill said:
True, but you may find a more motivated seller in the off-season. FWIW, I was quoted $2900 on up this time last year, for the base model King. I purchased in the summer, parlor model, side shields, blower, and the gold door and trim- $2835 out the door. i saved a couple hundred easy.
Maybe...but then I'll have to make another trip out west; or I could talk my in-laws to make the trip here.

Good luck.. I bought mine from a deal far away from me (none even close to me) and BK basically has to do all the service on it.. They will make you go through the dealer you purchased it from for warranty service, hopefully you will need none but they definately will do it.. I like the BK stove but with the one issue I have had I think I would have been better off to buy a local product. Nothing against BK but its kinda rough on the consumer..

Jason

Called my dealer

BK ultra king in Alaska glass door
Stove : $2899
Fan kit$: $289
tot $3188.
forgot sales tax + $30

Classic stove $2649

Hard to believe the price variations on the east coast. (some hidden taxes / interstate import fees or something in the price somewhere)
Would be interesting to find where all the added $$ go, hope it's not price gouging.

Good dealers here, it would be a pretty drive to Alaska. Good 2 week vacation. Stoves are "in stock" several models. Bring your truck. :)
Shipping to AK has to be 2 to 3 hundred $$ for this weight for sure, when I shopped log splitters, shipping costs made me buy here.

I was just told the 30% up to $1500 US tax rebate ended in 2010, bummer. ($956 off the top of IRS tax bill, so last month $2232 net) if it can be made retro-active till April 15th.

Maybe some state rebates in your area.

Good luck
Good choice

PM me, and I can suggest a dealer in the Midwest who has good prices.

As Dave said, good choice and good luck!

I gave 2550 for mine, shipped to me in Alabama. Mine is a Princess with 6" legs, gold door, gold top rods and blowers. I think the price was reasonable and the dealers service has been fine. The problem arises when a problem arises, their hands are tied by contract and its just a long wait.. If this were my go cart it would be fine to wait for parts but this heats my home.. For a product this serious I just think its better to deal close to home..

Jason

FYI
I've seen many BK parts on E-bay.

Yeah I hear ya but I bet they wont sent them to you under warranty to try and solve a problem.. My problem was a warranty issue, and might still be as its not 100% resolved but I give up. Do what you wish I'm just telling you what sort of troubles I ran into in hopes you won't have the same ones.

Jason

jtb51b said:
Yeah I hear ya but I bet they wont sent them to you under warranty to try and solve a problem.. My problem was a warranty issue, and might still be as its not 100% resolved but I give up. Do what you wish I'm just telling you what sort of troubles I ran into in hopes you won't have the same ones.

Jason

Sorry to here you had problems & resolving them has/is an issue.
Curious of your warrantee issues.
What broke?
How was it broke:: during shipping? while using it? etc.

bogydave said:
Called my dealer

BK ultra king in Alaska glass door
Stove : $2899
Fan kit$: $289
tot $3188.
forgot sales tax + $30

Classic stove $2649

Hard to believe the price variations on the east coast. (some hidden taxes / interstate import fees or something in the price somewhere)
Would be interesting to find where all the added $$ go, hope it's not price gouging.

Good dealers here, it would be a pretty drive to Alaska. Good 2 week vacation. Stoves are "in stock" several models. Bring your truck. :)
Shipping to AK has to be 2 to 3 hundred $$ for this weight for sure, when I shopped log splitters, shipping costs made me buy here.

I was just told the 30% up to $1500 US tax rebate ended in 2010, bummer. ($956 off the top of IRS tax bill, so last month $2232 net) if it can be made retro-active till April 15th.

Maybe some state rebates in your area.

Good luck
Good choice
Pretty much the same price here. Usually have them in stock too.

bogydave said:
jtb51b said:

Jason

Sorry to here you had problems & resolving them has/is an issue.
Curious of your warrantee issues.
What broke?
How was it broke:: during shipping? while using it? etc.

Mine just all of the sudden quit self adjusting the draft. I had a thread going about it but I have since let it die.. I will work towards fixing it when its a bit warmer. Right now I just set it on 1.5 and let it rip, not all that great but it gets the job done. I still load it 2 times in 24 hours but I have to work at burning down coals and the stove top does NOT stay at a constant (or anywhere close) temp. If I turn it up to 1.6 it just races through the load.. Tough to figure out.. It did work right once or twice since the problem started but not much.. Thanks for your concern. I will get it taken care of soon enough. Now, back on topic!

Jason

BrotherBart said:
https://www.autorain.com/itemdisplay.php?id=5125888&catid=546&sectionid=222&sku=KEJ1107LBK-G

They used to ship'em until BK busted'em for it. Now it is pickup only.

Brother Bart, where was that place located, i couldn't find it on the site? Just curious.

cass

Beetle-Kill said:

There is a $1000 toll on the bridge over the Mississippi. Hopefully, BK will fix that. Doesn't do them any good, doesn't do the east coast dealers any good. Definitely doesn't do the east coast customers any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.