Finally! My own wood hauler!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jags said:
Man - you guys are rough on a dude that probably cuts 10 times what all 3 of us put together do. :lol:
LoL, he knows it's all in good fun. I may like Stihl, but there are about 100 different saws that I'd rather have than my 028.... I'm like the playground bully, i taunt because it makes me feel better about myself...

Danno77 said:
LoL, he knows it's all in good fun. I may like Stihl, but there are about 100 different saws that I'd rather have than my 028.... I'm like the playground bully, i taunt because it makes me feel better about myself...

what? sacrilege! the 028 is a great saw! you just need to ditch that 20" bar and put a 16" on it - then you will love it.

FLINT said:
Danno77 said:

what? sacrilege! the 028 is a great saw! you just need to ditch that 20" bar and put a 16" on it - then you will love it.
Nononono. I LOVE the 028. But I can think of several (other brand) saws in the >55cc range that I'd rather have (to go with it). If I had those saws I'd drop the 20" and put a 16" or the 18" that it used to have back on it.

Highbeam said:
fyrwoodguy said:
i bought a 1975 3/4 ton 4wd new ,took the pick-up box and installed dump flatbed. put longer wheel studs and started running duals.
250,000+ miles original motor and trany-4 speed. tuffest truck i ever owned

th_SPRINGPUTTOGETHER100.jpg

Pretty interesting way to secure your saws. Any reason you need four? Is it because they aren't Stihls?

if you look real close,i got 5 saws. reason being you can cut all day long or untill all 5 are dull or broken. i sell saws for a living the past 31 years,and logged for 15 years.
it don't matter which brand you run,you still need a pick-up load of'em and a good dealer to keep'em goin'......which aint easy to find. that's why i became one!
sure is fun to make the wood chips fly,either the old fashioned way or the new mechanical way."keep on cuttin"!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.