Finally ordered an OAK for my insert.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CtPaul

Burning Hunk
Sep 16, 2011
CT
Hi everyone,
I have been wanting to hook up outside air to my Harman Accentra insert. I called my local shop today and ordered the Harman OAK and the vented chimney cap. So now hopefully I will get it done before winter! No excuses!

I hope it helps with some of the drafts. I don't see a downside except that I will be doing the work :)

No downside to adding an OAK....it can only make the stove run better.

That is my conclusion too, iMacman. The goal this Fall is to seal up the house and insulate better. So this will be one more piece of the puzzle done.

I searched the forum and didn't find anyone that used the vented chimney cap set up. I have been a "lurker" on and off .....I swear I saw a thread where someone used the Harman setup. I was tired when I searched some maybe I will try again

hopefully, as required to be a member here, you will post pictures of the special cap for all to see. :p

It is on order I am supposed to get it Oct 22-23. I will take pics when I get it then when I install it. I plan to do the leaf blower trick while I'm on the roof.

I need to do this too. I keep trying to find out another way to do it, but up the chimney seems like the only solution... and that means i'm calling the dealer to do it, because me + heights = no go.

Been on my roof and many others in the past :)

Well, let me know if you want to do mine. lol it's only a story + a pitch up (20ft?) and the roof isn't even steep. but i'm still a skirt. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.