Finally picked up the new Ford Ranger...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mesuno

Oct 14, 2010
UK
www.woodstovewizard.com
So at last we'll be able to actually get a vehicle to our trees. Hurrah!

We've been cutting for a while but have had to leave everything pretty much where it fell for now. I'll be starting to bring stuff home to finish processing. Next on the kit list - a bigger saw and a milling setup. A few of these oak are worth planking up.

Had a bit of an epic mission collecting it - from a tiny village, nearly impossible to find and when we did it was reading less than empty on the fuel gauge! Spent the first 20 minutes rather desperately looking for a petrol station. A full tank of 63 liters cost a whopping £92!!!

Pics will follow when I get time to take her out again.

Mike

How is the UK Ranger different from the US one?
Seems that this is the last year for the US one- shrinking market for compact p/u-s that you can park in a city?
Got a 2.25L 2wd a few months back, slowly breaking it in. Only about 12 loads hauled home so far.
No real need to go off-road here for scrounging.

Not sure how it is different, but there is definitely a trend away from new large 4x4s now. This is a 2004 model though, not a new one.

Mesuno said:
A full tank of 63 liters cost a whopping £92!!!

Ouch, that's more than it cost me to fill my 38 gallon tank yesterday and I was running on fumes.

I love my Ranger. This is my second one. Its a 2002 2wd auto 3 liter extended cab. Its my comuter and wood hauler. About 3.5 loads to the cord.
8o mile round trip daily. I average around 22 mpg. I had a 94 2wd 2.3 liter reg cab loved that truck. We have two girls now so I needed the rear seats. Good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.