Finally sold the Stihl MS270C - The Rodney Dangerfield of Chainsaws

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boog

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2012
NE Ohio
Well, I finally sold my MS270C, as TreePointer called it, the Rodney Dangerfield of chainsaws ................. they never get any respect. I've been advertising it on CL with a video of me cutting with it, linked on youtube for several weeks now. Finally had the call I've been waiting for, a guy all the way from Clarion PA, although he works in New Castle (1 hr away). Drove all the way to buy it. He said the video sold him on it. He was looking at several saws but keep coming back to that one because he could see that it ran nice and would at least not be DOA. And I didn't even have to buy a "Wood Boss" bar for it MM (although I was looking!) ::-) The list creeps shorter!

I made up a video of my rebuilt 024AV to get ready to sell that, but I liked the way it ran so much it migrated to the "Keeper" list for now. ;em

Reactions: MasterMech
Status
Not open for further replies.