Finally some cold weather...15F here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Motor7

Feeling the Heat
Nov 10, 2009
East TN.
77 in the basement and 67 on the main floor....and I don't even have to wear any socks:cool:

Yeah Good Stuff Motor7, thats your reward for burning wood. Plenty of heat to go around. I'll have my living room at 75* when its 20* outside.

15 degrees when I came inside to an 82 degree house. Love it!

Free 75 degree house:) Gotta crack the window in the Master bedroom.

75? 82?.....whoa that's pretty war.....wait a min.......is this the evil plan to get the wife to remove some/all clothing?

Is it weird, at 65/66 we are a bit cold, but 67/68 & up to 72 is comfortable, above 72 a bit too warm but we won't complain....._g

5 outside, 80 in the basement and 73 upstairs. Not a single heater is on!! (yet my hydro meter is cutting a way through the outside wall...too many Christmas lights).

Reactions: Cynnergy
Cooler this morning, -7.6F (-22C)......woke up at 5:30 and house main floor was 65F.... loaded it up and now we're at 67F and climbing:)
I love heating with wood!

Reactions: Swedishchef
Yep. We keep it around 75::F in the main living area. Overnight it drops down to 70::F or so. The house is well insulated. It gets up to about 68::F-70::F back in the bedroom during the day and 65::F overnight. It was down to 22::F last night. Love that wood heat! :)

What? That's not cold ... try -20 to -26 F for two weeks without wind chill. Won't get a break until Monday:( It warms up so it can snow;lol

What? That's not cold ... try -20 to -26 F for two weeks without wind chill. Won't get a break until Monday:( It warms up so it can snow;lol

32F is cold. When water freezes, so do I. Now you know why I don't live in Ontario. ;lol

Reactions: UncleJoe
Just across the river from the "Icebox" International Falls, MN... I'm not a big fan of these temps but the dog still has to go out so the snowpants are over the jeans, the insulated carhart jacket with wind resistant material over the sweater, down mitts, Columbia insulated hiking boots over two pairs of socks. The walks aren't very long in this weather.

When the kids were little, I figured we should have approached Sorel about doing advertising ... at least eight pairs of boots but sometimes as many as 10 when they outgrew a pair in the winter. Spring time wash up would have them all lined up on the porch rail to dry out - somewhere I've got pics;lol

Single digits F this morning. Snow is going to hold off just long enough for our holiday home sale

image.jpg

Great pic AP.

-1 degrees outside here this morning . . . heard tell up north they're a few degrees cooler. Honestly, at a certain temp it really doesn't matter how much colder it is.

-1 here at sunrise .......... 8 above now (10:48 a.m.) ............ Weather guy sez 1-3 in. of snow tonite....... then the rest of it tomorrow ..........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.