1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Finally Some Stove Pics

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Brokenwing, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Brokenwing

Brokenwing Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northern Maryland
    I do not think I ever posted some decent stove pics. So here is the beast that has given me some gray hair. Ignore the foil tape on the pipe, pipe is getting pulled this summer. Anyway I noramlly burn on setting 2 and the fire is barely above the burn pot. Well it got cold, and she is crankin so here you go, I hope you enjoy.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Lower bucks

Lower bucks New Member

I like the corner install looks good
  3. smoke show

smoke show Guest

4. FS1971

FS1971 New Member

Loc:
    Dutchess County NY
    Nice stove. It's HOT!
  5. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    She sure is purdy! :cool:
  6. tsmith

tsmith Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kutztown, PA
    very nice, enjoy
  7. photogame

photogame Member

Loc:
    northern ct
    Well, now i see how someone else did a corner install. Very nice. Can you tell me what kind of connection is behind stove , a T for clean out or a just a plain 90 degree up. Also , what is outside the wall for termination of the pipe? Thank you
  8. Brokenwing

Loc:
    Northern Maryland
    Thanks everyone, it has been a long road, with no support but with some Diy, foil tape, and RTV high temp sealant we have made it thus far. It is 3 degrees right now with the wind chill, and inside the house is 74 degrees. This is with the stove only running on setting 2. The stove is not centrally located, so we have a small heater upstairs. I am burning about a bag to a bag and half a day so not to bad.
  9. Brokenwing

Loc:
    Northern Maryland
    A stove adapter comes off of the stove to a 90 degree cleanout tee, then up 3 ft to another 90 degree, and then straight out. I will post some pictures for you. As far as the hearth, I framed it with 2x3, then plywood, concrete board, and finally tile. I then skirted the whole thing in oak, after i ran it through the router to give it some character. I checked the prices on a hearth pad, and they were way to expensive. I built mine for under 100 dollars.

Attached Files:

Eatonpcat, smoke show and save$ like this.
  10. imacman

imacman Guest

Nice looking stove......don't forget the pics when the new pipe is installed. And make sure you seal the outside thimble/pipe with silicone.
  11. Brokenwing

Loc:
    Northern Maryland
    the outside thimble is sealed, it was just to cold to go out and snap a pic last night, so I used a old pic from when i was doing this install, so he could see what it looks like lol.
  12. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Looking good!! Beautiful stove and Hearth. Glad your "issues" have finally been resolved :)

It was disheartening to read about the smoke problems, with the condition your family member has. A Happy Ending :)
    Eatonpcat likes this.
  13. Brokenwing

Loc:
    Northern Maryland
    Th
    thanks Dexter, it has been a tough battle, but I think I may okay. Keeping my fingers crossed, and thanks for the support!
    Eatonpcat and DexterDay like this.