1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Finally started the woodshed

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by muncybob, Aug 21, 2011.

1. muncybob

muncybob Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Near Williamsport, PA
    I'm using the shed to store a mower deck, snowblower, 2 mountain bikes and some other odds & ends so I figure with the space remaining I should be able to get about 6.5 to 7 cords in there. We normally burn less than 5 cords/yr. so that should work out well.
    Next year, after the hemlock siding has had a chance to dry out I plan to either paint it or stain it. There is a small storage shed nearby that is painted but I prefer the look of stain. Hoping to get a pic of it completely done except for paint/stain and fully loaded soon!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

muncybob, your woodshed looks great.

zap
  3. muncybob

Loc:
    Near Williamsport, PA
    Thanks zap and others for the comments. I've loaded 2 truck beds of wood so far and I must say that for unloading a truck on your own the pickaroon is a great tool. No more hopping into and out of the truck several times to unload. Got this and a cant hook last spring...looking forward to cutting down a big one to finally use the cant hook.
  4. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Excellent job Bob! You created a fine wood shelter that you're gonna love when the winds blow and the snow flies..

Ray
  5. muncybob

Loc:
    Near Williamsport, PA
    Yep, and they are calling for some white stuff later this week too! YUK!
  6. NCPABill

NCPABill Member

Loc:
    NorthCentral PA
    A friend of mine stained his hemlock siding with drain oil. It smelled a little for about a week, but it looked great and the price was good!

Nice job on the project.

Bill