1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Finally started the woodshed

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by muncybob, Aug 21, 2011.

1. muncybob

muncybob Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Near Williamsport, PA
    I'm using the shed to store a mower deck, snowblower, 2 mountain bikes and some other odds & ends so I figure with the space remaining I should be able to get about 6.5 to 7 cords in there. We normally burn less than 5 cords/yr. so that should work out well.
    Next year, after the hemlock siding has had a chance to dry out I plan to either paint it or stain it. There is a small storage shed nearby that is painted but I prefer the look of stain. Hoping to get a pic of it completely done except for paint/stain and fully loaded soon!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

muncybob, your woodshed looks great.

zap
  3. muncybob

Loc:
    Near Williamsport, PA
    Thanks zap and others for the comments. I've loaded 2 truck beds of wood so far and I must say that for unloading a truck on your own the pickaroon is a great tool. No more hopping into and out of the truck several times to unload. Got this and a cant hook last spring...looking forward to cutting down a big one to finally use the cant hook.
  4. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Excellent job Bob! You created a fine wood shelter that you're gonna love when the winds blow and the snow flies..

Ray
  5. muncybob

Loc:
    Near Williamsport, PA
    Yep, and they are calling for some white stuff later this week too! YUK!
  6. NCPABill

NCPABill Member

Loc:
    NorthCentral PA
    A friend of mine stained his hemlock siding with drain oil. It smelled a little for about a week, but it looked great and the price was good!

Nice job on the project.

Bill