Finally started the woodshed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using the shed to store a mower deck, snowblower, 2 mountain bikes and some other odds & ends so I figure with the space remaining I should be able to get about 6.5 to 7 cords in there. We normally burn less than 5 cords/yr. so that should work out well.
Next year, after the hemlock siding has had a chance to dry out I plan to either paint it or stain it. There is a small storage shed nearby that is painted but I prefer the look of stain. Hoping to get a pic of it completely done except for paint/stain and fully loaded soon!

muncybob said:
OK, almost made my self imposed deadline of this weekend. Shed is about 92.5% done :)

A couple of 10" bolts, fascia boards , rain gutters, some backfill with drainage ditches, some sort of hanging cover system to protect against major storms and I'm completely done. Well almost, I have to fix the overhang on one side as I screwed up big time and this may wait until next year as I'm getting pressed for time to get her loaded and to get out there and run the saw...have not cut any wood in 2 months!

muncybob, your woodshed looks great.

zap

Thanks zap and others for the comments. I've loaded 2 truck beds of wood so far and I must say that for unloading a truck on your own the pickaroon is a great tool. No more hopping into and out of the truck several times to unload. Got this and a cant hook last spring...looking forward to cutting down a big one to finally use the cant hook.

Excellent job Bob! You created a fine wood shelter that you're gonna love when the winds blow and the snow flies..

Ray

raybonz said:
Excellent job Bob! You created a fine wood shelter that you're gonna love when the winds blow and the snow flies..

Ray

Yep, and they are calling for some white stuff later this week too! YUK!

muncybob said:
...but I prefer the look of stain. Hoping to get a pic of it completely done except for paint/stain and fully loaded soon!

A friend of mine stained his hemlock siding with drain oil. It smelled a little for about a week, but it looked great and the price was good!

Nice job on the project.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.