Finally the stacking is done!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twitch

Jul 10, 2008
Vassalboro Maine
www.colby.edu
Just finished stacking this years wood in the old woodshed. Feels good to have it done, and now I can get started splitting and stacking next years. I figure I have about 5 and a half cord between this and what I have in the boiler room and garage.

phew!!

Attachments

• 09-26-10951819.jpg
    09-26-10951819.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 562
Looks good Twitch. That will keep you warm this winter.

Thanks guys, it's a good mix of ash, beech, and maple with a little oak thrown in. This is my 3rd year burning in a Tarm gassifier. First year had much less than seasoned wood, last year about the same due to health problems, this year I'm good to go and I'm psyched!! The wood shed was here when I bought the house, made of all cedar posts with a tin roof covered with 3-4 layers of tarps..lol. I figure a new $10-$15 tarp every couple of years is cheaper than building a new woodshed. The thing will probably outlast me..happy burning this winter!!

Love the wood shed, looks like the picture could have been taken in the 40's, do you know how old that shed is?

Twitch great job, what types of wood do you have in the shed?

zap

Done? That last row isn't even a third full & it looks like there's room for another beside it! Get back out there & fill'er-up! :zip: lol I couldn't burn all that in a year if I tried. Congrats.
I'm nearly done stacking as well, and all my current stacks are brim-full; sure as heck some huge score will land in my lap now & I won't be able to pass it up.

there's a verse floating around in my head as I read the OP, something like:

"........putting new wine in old wine skins."

I'll assume you took a critical look at the condition of the "old" woodshed before deciding to store anything in it, right? Just checking! Would be a shame to have it collapse on you, and on your NEW (aged, aging) wood!

Nice job, by the way! That's a lot of wood!

-Soupy1957

oldspark said:
Love the wood shed, looks like the picture could have been taken in the 40's, do you know how old that shed is?

The house was built in 1990, so at oldest 30 years. I was going to take it down and build a new one, but figured it's there might as well use it.

twitch said:
zapny said:
Twitch great job, what types of wood do you have in the shed?

zap

zap, it's a good mix of maple, white ash, and beech with a little oak thrown in.

Sounds like some good btu's to me.

zap

soupy1957 said:
there's a verse floating around in my head as I read the OP, something like:

"........putting new wine in old wine skins."

I'll assume you took a critical look at the condition of the "old" woodshed before deciding to store anything in it, right? Just checking! Would be a shame to have it collapse on you, and on your NEW (aged, aging) wood!

Nice job, by the way! That's a lot of wood!

-Soupy1957
You see the size of the posts, I do not think that shed is coming down any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.