Finally up and ready

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdog

Oct 15, 2013
Mineral wells wv
I got all hooked up last night had my first fire ever in my 13-nc. I only put one split in to test run being my first time ever. I got a magnet thermo on my stove pipe and it got to only 210 the highest with my split being at around 7% mc it burnt around 1.5 hrs at that. My question is what should I run it at temp wise? I put a damper in the stove pipe as well. Today I'm going to put a big fire in see what I get.

Reactions: jaychino415
Does owners manual suggest a couple "break in" fires? 2 or 3 lower temp fires that progressively increase in temp. Once you are ready to let 'er rip, the temp ranges on your mag thermometer are a pretty good goal, especially if you stay toward the upper end of the range (600* or so)

It's an older stove got it used from a friend so it's broke in already. Yea the mag thermo says 500-700 optimal burn so that's where I want to try get to right? Then back down the air to let it cruise right.

You wil NEVER get to 500 with one split. I like to use 3 splits so they burn off of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.