Finally using RSF Onyx that we had installed this summer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kkesler

Jan 22, 2006
Winder, Ga
And I cannot lie, this thing is the business. After doing some research earlier this year, we had our zero clearance fireplace removed and replaced with the RSF Onyx with both the internal blower and the external blower, from which we ran ductwork to the 3 bedrooms and located the thermostat in the master. It has only gotten down into the low 30s a few times, but so far it is keeping the main part of the house in the mid 70s and the bedrooms at 70, and the heat is still there at 6-7am the next day. The gas central heat rarely comes on anymore. I am delighted.

Finding data on the RSF units can be difficult, so I thought to add this post for future reference when someone else is searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.