FINALLY!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ispinwool

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Feb 5, 2010
Butler County, Pa.
I was thrilled to be able to do a break-in fire last week and then re-light it for awhile just to enjoy the flames...was nice and chilly.
The temp has been too warm ever since and today is a dismal, raining 70* ...but tonight it's supposed to go down to 33*!! whoopie!!
If y'all are looking for me tomorrow...check in the comfy chair in front of the stove! :)

It's supposed to get down into the 30s here tonight too. Going to run my first load of white oak of the season, been burning a few pieces of poplar and cottonwood here and there on cool mornings.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: ispinwool
Yup, I'm set to go as well, I had a few fires already, burning uglies here and there when I needed a little heat bump in the house, nothing note worthy though, I have the stove preloaded and all I have to do is hit it with the torch when I wake up tomorrow morning, loaded up the garage wood rack with a nice mix of ash, maple, and red oak all split +3 years and in the woodshed for 2 years, I hope this is a start to a good burning season.

Reactions: ispinwool