Finally.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eastern Sierra Wood Burner said:
Its really important too debate the economics not the science because over 95% of the experts have been convinced for a long time.

Don't go back too far now. Back just 25-30 years ago they were convinced of global cooling. Ahhhh...but I am sure we have gotten ALOT smarter since then.

Don't get me wrong, I think being good stewards of our planet is VERY important. And we as humans have done a pretty crappy job of it. Just don't throw the "We can't possibly be wrong THIS time" argument out there. It could happen again.

The science is not settled just because you say it's settled, or Al Gore says it settled. 95% is a number you picked out of the air, it's not a fact, which is like most numbers global warmers like to throw around.
In fact (define fact) the numbers are much more like 55/45. (I just made those up, but if we are just throwing fictitious numbers out there, I figured what the heck).

Its really important too debate the economics not the science because over 95% of the experts have been convinced for a long time. There will always be a very small percentage that will never see the light. All measures too address global warming are an effort to clean up our planet. The important debate should be the economic impact and what most people are willing to sacrifice in the short term to help in the long run.

Its really important too debate the economics not the science ...........
Yeah- gotta wonder who stands to make the most money sensationalising this thing, eh..........

mike1234 said:
The science is not settled just because you say it's settled, or Al Gore says it settled. 95% is a number you picked out of the air, it's not a fact, which is like most numbers global warmers like to throw around.
In fact (define fact) the numbers are much more like 55/45. (I just made those up, but if we are just throwing fictitious numbers out there, I figured what the heck).

Its really important too debate the economics not the science because over 95% of the experts have been convinced for a long time. There will always be a very small percentage that will never see the light. All measures too address global warming are an effort to clean up our planet. The important debate should be the economic impact and what most people are willing to sacrifice in the short term to help in the long run.

Actualy it's 86/16, the vast majority believe climate change is real. The remainder are clearly paid shills.

Dune said:
mike1234 said:

Actualy it's 86/16, the vast majority believe climate change is real. The remainder are clearly paid shills.
Depends on which set of paid shills you are listening to, and how that set has cooked the numbers...

Far as I'm concerned, we could significantly reduce the amount of global warming if we could just put gags on all the politicians and pseudo-scientists (from both sides) that are busy bloviating about it...

Gooserider

Head of 'Climategate' research unit admits sending 'pretty awful emails' to hide data

"Scientists at the heart of the Climategate row were yesterday accused by a leading academic body of undermining science's credibility.

The Institute of Physics said 'worrying implications' had been raised after it was revealed the University of East Anglia had manipulated data on global warming.

The rebuke - the strongest yet from the scientific community - came as Professor Phil Jones, the researcher at the heart of the scandal, told MPs he had written 'some pretty awful emails' - but denied trying to suppress data.

The Climategate row, which was first revealed by the Daily Mail in November, was triggered when a hacker stole hundreds of emails sent from East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit.

They revealed scientists plotting how to avoid responding to Freedom of Information requests from climate change sceptics.

Some even appeared to show the researchers discussing how to manipulate raw data from tree rings about historical temperatures.

In one, Professor Jones talks about using a 'trick' to massage figures and 'hide the decline'.... "

snip

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1254660/Climategate-expert-tells-MPs.html

The truth comes out. Looks like Al Gore's gravy train is gonna get derailed B4 it leaves the station.............

It's starting to look like there are "paid shills" on both sides of this issue. Gotta remember that both sides are betting trillions of $$$$ that they win, not that they are right but just win.

Status
Not open for further replies.