Q&A Finding 7" double or triple wall pipe to add to chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I am adding a new roof to my house. This requires the addition of about 6-8 feet of insulated stove pipe. My stove is a Russo which I have had for about 9 years. It uses 7" pipe. Currently the local dealer says that no one makes 7" pipe anymore. Is there a way to obtain 6-8 feet of insulated(not double wall) pipe?

Answer:

Most of the companies do still make 7", but most retailers do not stock it. Also, you have to match the brand of your existing stuff...or replace it all. When you say "insulated, not double wall", that's a bit confusing. Most insulated IS double wall, altho there is such a thing as triple wall. The biggest brands are Metalbestos, Metalvent, Dura-Vent and Security.<p>

Status
Not open for further replies.