Finding a thermocouple for a Dovre DV400 propane stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sticks garland

Mar 8, 2015
PA
I heard the company (DOVRE) went out of business and I need to find the thermocouple myself. Does anyone know where to find them? ! Thanks!

It uses a standard thermocouple into a very common controller. Many generic ones. Just take it out and bring to a heating appliance dealer. Great little stove. We like ours and bought it used for $100.
It didn't really go out of business, just not imported by Alladin anymore.

Attachments

• DSCN0038.JPG
    DSCN0038.JPG
    226.7 KB · Views: 1,042
One of the easiest t-couples to replace, Bioburner is correct basic std. you'd find for a hot water heater, etc.
if I recall correctly you don't even have to open up the firebox....

Yes you have to open the box and remove the logs etc. and unseal the tubes etc of silicone. So a spring cleaning project.
I went through two other Dovres before we ended up with this one. Different sizes and black till this last one came up. How many stoves out there came with a lifetime warranty? To the original owner anyway.

the last dovre i looked at you didn't need to remove the logs, or even open the door to replace the t-couple
maybe it wasn't the 400 model though....

I don't think they have been imported for what about 15+ years? I got another for my Mother as she does not want to burn corn and pellets pretty soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.