Finding Chimney Block

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

javier

Aug 27, 2010
Southwest Ohio
Anyone living in(near) the Cincinnati, OH area that could tell me where to find Chimney block. I have called every place I can think of to find some and everyone says "we don't carry it anymore." Best I can tell this seems to be a very suitable and economical way to build a chimney, but is quickly becoming an impossibility. Thanks for the help.

Tried them. I have tried, dapper, brick tech, reading rock, and one other place in Milford that I can't remember the name.

I was really surprised to hear that these popular places don't carry it. Especially when several people in other areas of the country are having no problem getting their hands on it.

Worse comes to worse, call the local concrete plant... They should know who they are selling it too.

Check with some of the local stove dealers that do installs. If that doeset work look a little farther east. Out in brown/adams county there is a pretty healthy Amish community and they are big on wood burning. The local hardware stores even carry wood burning cook stoves in stock.

Found some. if anyone else is ever looking, Snyder Concrete Products. Price is comparable to other locations in US, at $6.04. Thanks for the help everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.