Finding parts for a Martin SA36

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffster06

Nov 19, 2015
Dallas, GA
Hopefully this is the correct forum, this may be a little long but here it goes.

I just recently used my fire place for the first time (purchased my home in 2013) and found that it is not producing the heat I thought it would, did some google searching and found my fire place could possibly use some upgrades.

I want to install a blower but the current configuration won't allow proper airflow (no vents above or below). I have found the Martin SC36 (actually shares the manual with my model) has the panels I would need to provide air flow.

I am finding it difficult to find parts for my 23 year old fireplace, is there any place to purchase old fireplace components? is it possible I can find universal vented panels? I figure I should start with these parts before I go down the path of wiring the electrical outlet for the blower (that's a different obstacle for later)

Status
Not open for further replies.