Fine shoulder season burning chunky cherry.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Been burning this, chunky.jpg 5 years old big heavy chunks from a 30 inch cherry tree.Start the fire at 5pm,restart in 24 hours at 5pm,house never drops below 70.

I have a cord of cherry and maple I'll be burning first this year. Haven't fully loaded her up but the pieces I have been burning are much better than the not so dry wood I had last year.

I need to get more Cheery wood split and stacked. I only have maybe 1/3 cord that's ready to go, maybe 2/3 cord in rounds. I've been burning some Reddus Ulmus instead. Burns a little longer but doesn't smell near as good. ==c

I have about 1.5 cords in log lenth ready to be cut up.. i have a mix of oak and cherry that im burning this year. My tree friend has about a cord or so hes going to deliver to me that he has set aside.. i love me some cherry.. its one of my favorite woods to burn and smoke with

Been burning cherry all week since I fired up my insert on Sunday. Smaller pieces but its easy to get 12 hour burns from 4-6 pieces on low. House isn't super warm, but I'm only just beginning to learn. All under 17%. Funny but split pieces are all that level, I had one 6" round branch section, split it on Sun (was also 1 year old) and it was at 33%. Nope.... back to the pile. Note to self: gotta split to dry properly.

Last weekend I was burning the knotty wood garbage that gets tossed onto of the top of the stacks. Going to snow tonight and Friday. Hope it melts as I got a cord or so to stack.
Super Split is all wiped down clean, covered indoors and ready for next year.

I'd love to have some cherry. Even better if I had it a year ago and seasoned it correctly.

SpudMan99, I'm 35 miles from you if you happen to locate any more.

Shoulder season for me means the clearing of my yard.

Burning large branches and bark. Keeps the house a toasty 72 on stuff that would normally just be cast aside.

I have a pallet box full of chunks of cherry, hickory and ash that I'm going to burn this cold snap. I always forget about it and its 5-6 year old seasoned wood, not going to forget this year.