Fine tuning EKO is great but is there a final opinion for a 25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugar

Oct 12, 2008
East central KS
EKO 25 with NO storage. Going to fire my first tonight. Just wanted to set it before I start. I don't find much of a consensious on settings for primary and secondary's.

I think the quickest way is to follow the new manual and start there. It will take a couple fires to get all of the moisture out of the refractory and to "season" the boiler. No sense in adjusting everything until then. When that's done, go to the sticky at the top "fine tuning eko" and start to tune. Fire it up and enjoy the burn!!

Sdr is right it will take a couple days of firing but I ended up putting the primaries at 9 or10mm and secondaries at 4 turns out. The fan shutter came wide open and thats how I ran it for a solid week, I closed the shutter down to 60 percent open. Seems to give the most consistent burn but you will find playing with the fan speed helps a lot as well. I run it 60% but find boosting it initially to get good gasification is sometimes needed then turn it back down. I don't worry about it now as long as it is gasifying

Wish I had read this before you started. I have been wondering what the length and width of the nozzle of the 25 is.
Operational settings for the newer controller are closer to what the newer manual is stating though more or less each operator is finding the sweet spot with some adjustment. The big one on the newer set up seems to be the blower speed. Since the EKO (mfg) mind set is to operate with storage their suggestions for setting the mix is with high energy in mind. Without storage, as in my case with an EKO40, I have to focus on length of burn so a little more tweaking was needed. P@6mm, S@2 turns and blower/fan 1/2 inch open (older set up with no fan speed selection). 4-6hr burns with soft wood. 8-12hr with various hard woods and varying weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.