Fine Tuning my mini A

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian L

Oct 15, 2013
North Smithfield, RI
So I'm trying to get my enviro mini settings to the best they can be. I am a bit confused as to what the combustion blower trim setting does.

I have set the damper to .12 on my manometer on high. The combustion trim setting has no effect that I can see when the fire is on high. I show .12 with the trim all the way up. When I I put the fire to low I'm getting .6 on the meter with the combustion trim on 2 which is the default. To get to .9 on the meter I need to put the combustion trim up to 4.

So is the combustion trim really just a fine adjustment for the low fire settings?

Not sure if this late post will do you any good.

My old stove does not have Combustion trim settings but I think you would use that on the low setting to adjust for differing burns for diff brands of pellets.

With the stove on low can you adjust the damp settings to vary the Manometer readings?

For years I set my stove buy what looks good then got the Manometer and with stove set to high .12 it is a different stove now. Less ash and better heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.