Finished logging until next spring!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Mystic

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2013
Western North Carolina
I just came in from processing the last of my wood for the season. Since I expanded my storage capacity this year I ended up having to work up about 7 cords of wood. I just now finished squeezing the final cord in behind a double row I use as a wall for my carport where I keep my garden tractor and lawn equipment. I ended up with just under 12 cords of wood with about half of it ready to burn right now! I can't tell you how good a feeling it is to finally be done after the past two months of some difficult logging.

Congrats, I wish I was in your shoes

Good for you! That must feel great! Ive only collected half a cord so far this year as most of our gathering areas are still under 4 feet of snow. Its warming up so I should be able to get out on most of the back roads end of April im hoping.

Cut up 6 cords before Christmas, than scored some oak logs a friend needed to unload for $50/cord. That was another 12 cords. My house looks like a sawmill, and I'm tired from all the cutting, splitting, and stacking. That being said, I smile every time I see those woodpiles!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.