finished today.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsquini

Minister of Fire
Jan 8, 2009
North Shore, MA
In the spring I bought a grapple load of logs. After 64 hours of work it has been bucked, split and stacked. The grapple ended up being 7.5 cords. I'm about 4 cords of my three year supply.

Attachments

• IMG_31966097772979.jpeg
    IMG_31966097772979.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_31987886981031.jpeg
    IMG_31987886981031.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: jaychino415
Looks great! Log loads are supposed to be about 7-8 cords I believe so it appears like you got what you bargained for. I'm curious about how you're holding up the ends of the stacks. The 2x4's are just stuck into cinder blocks and you're stacking wood on the edge to prevent them from flipping?

Correct, they are just placed in the cinder blocks. You have to have then stand vertically. The 2x4 can hold more weight. The ends are just held in place with the weight of the wood. I have tried numerous ways to stack wood. By far this is the best method I have found so far. Below is a shot on how the goes together.

Attachments

• IMG_35234291491308.jpeg
    IMG_35234291491308.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 80
looks like you still have some work to do with all that standing dead in the background ;lol

Correct, they are just placed in the cinder blocks. You have to have then stand vertically. The 2x4 can hold more weight. The ends are just held in place with the weight of the wood. I have tried numerous ways to stack wood. By far this is the best method I have found so far. Below is a shot on how the goes together.

Yea I see what you're saying and it seems pretty simple. I may take a page out of your book so to speak when I make my next stacks. Thanks for the explanation!

Status
Not open for further replies.