Finishing up installation.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooooo...no pics means it did not happen. The requested attachment could not be found. I bet it looks nice but....you know the rest.==c

Had a minor setback. Stove will be up and running tomorrow. Doggone it !

I must be doing something wrong when I try and post pictures ? Could someone give me a few tips ?

Host your pic on photobucket or a similar site, then copy the IMG link and paste it into your post.

or just use the nice little button below the reply box that says "upload a file"

Try this ^^^

The old Forum needed to be resized, the new Forum, not so much. Or read the Sticky links up top.

Another Mt Vernoner. Welcome. Look forward to seeing the install

I'm not trying to derail this post too much, but how often does a Mt Vernon AE need to be slid out of the fireplace for servicing?

Depends on the service. For the most part, you can reach in there through the 2 side doors for maintenance. I have removed my combustion blower for cleaning without moving the stove.

Ooooo...no pics means it did not happen. The requested attachment could not be found. I bet it looks nice but....you know the rest.==c

Installation Complete and we have heat !

QUAD1_zpsd2646cfe.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmm... now that's nice.

Very nice. And a perfect fit too. Once you've played around with it for a bit, come back to check out the forum on tinkering with the stove (assuming the dealer has not done this).

Very nice stove,...very nice install.:cool:

That looks awesome! Matches right in w/ the trim on the mantel perfectly. ;)

But, we'll see how long the log set lasts before you remove it. Most people find it just gets in the way and makes cleaning harder to do. Looks nice in the stove during the summer months, though.

That looks awesome! Matches right in w/ the trim on the mantel perfectly. ;)

But, we'll see how long the log set lasts before you remove it. Most people find it just gets in the way and makes cleaning harder to do. Looks nice in the stove during the summer months, though.

Thank you everyone. This stove puts out the heat ! 73 degrees in the living area and 67 degrees upstairs and still creeping up.

Imac - That is hilarious ! That is EXACTLY what the installer told me about the log set.

Very sharp looking install. Love how clean that looks!

Very nice!

How do you like it so far?

Loving it so far J. Still playing around with different settings - had the downstairs up to 76 degrees last night :) The thing I like most is that our heat pump hasn't kicked on since the stove started running yesterday. We were using around 8 kilowatts of electricity per hour before, and the last 14 hours we have used 1.2 kilowatts per hour.

We were using around 8 kilowatts of electricity per hour before, and the last 14 hours we have used 1.2 kilowatts per hour.​

Yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.