Q&A Fire box lining

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I need to reline the fire box of my Trolla wood burning stove. The makers have ceased trading and iron liners are no linger used. Similar new stoves are now lined with a one-inch thick pale brownish granular-looking material. Do you know the name of this material so that I might locate a supplier in the UK? Thanks in advance

Answer:

This is probably refractory cement, which is available at many hardware stores or masonry supplies. It can be purchased as a "castable" material which can be molded, or as thin "firebricks" that may be able to be mounted inside your stove. You can also use both...the firebricks to take up most of the room and the cement to hold them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.