Fire brick for a Jotul #4

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheila

Sep 22, 2012
Hello All,

I have a jotul #4, and I am new to using a wood stove; I look inside and see alot of half bricks, how far up the sides should they be ? if I need to replace the bricks can you please advise me how to do this?

Thank you for your help,
Sheila

Welcome Sheila. It's been a while but if I remember right the bricks only go up part way, maybe about 10" or so? They are hard to get so be gentle when loading wood.

If the tops of the bricks are all level with each other and there are no serious cracks or hole in them, then you are probably ok. Post a picture of what you are seeing we may be able to tell their condition better.

Here is how to post pictures: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/putting-images-into-your-forums-posts.87212/

Status
Not open for further replies.