Fire during a wind storm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been having a couple days of unreal winds (in excess of 50 mph). I have been avoiding starting a fire because I am concerned that a hot ember may be carried up the chimney and start a grass fire, as it is very dry here this time of year. Question is - "am i being over cautious?"

North, our wood stove is our only source of heat, therefore we burn even during wind storms, which we are forecast to get tomorrow. For sure I understand your caution due to the dryness though. Fortunately most stoves won't give off sparks...unless the chimney is dirty.

Now quit sending us that nasty wind, please. We don't need the snow yet either, but it is on the way...

Chimney is clean, (mostly thanks to this website). Checked it his summer and after 4 years of burning, it only has a bit of gray ash. :coolsmile:

That wind is not from us, we only get it due to the massive sucking effect we get from out East where our National Government is located! >:-(

lol. We know how that effect works. It is in overtime right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.