Fire fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane N

Feeling the Heat
Oct 16, 2012
West Central MN
This fire was a bastard to get going. Everything was too green. Ended up using some bad diesel I had along with a propane torch to get it started.

Plenty of snow for a fire. The day after this we got another 18" of snow.
2013-02-09_09-33-11_942 (Large).jpg

My two helpers:
2013-02-09_10-39-53_208 (Large).jpg

Finally, a fire:
2013-02-09_10-12-17_329 (Large).jpg

Can't get closer than 15 ft without losing hair:
2013-02-09_10-39-32_927 (Large).jpg

Attachments

• 2013-02-09_10-39-53_208 (Large).jpg
    2013-02-09_10-39-53_208 (Large).jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 2013-02-09_09-33-11_942 (Large).jpg
    2013-02-09_09-33-11_942 (Large).jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 175
I burnt a brush pile a couple Sundays ago. It was no where near as large as that one! Only one more pile (small one) to go and then the snow can melt and give way to spring.

Reactions: Shane N
I got one to burn yet this spring. Seems like an annual thing.

Reactions: ScotO and Shane N
A few year back when burning large snowy brush pile we figured out that a key deice is a leaf blower with an extension on it. Otherwise the pile tended to burn ou to the center and leave a lot of unburnt wood. With a leaf blower we figured we could direct the heat towards unburnt areas to melt them off. Havent tried it yet.

That looks like it was fun Shane. We have one on the family property that we need to burn up. It is so big that after we burn it I will have to use the loader to push it all together and get it going again. I need to get that done next week on my days off. Thanks for posting yours. You reminded me to get ours done.

That looks like it was fun Shane. We have one on the family property that we need to burn up. It is so big that after we burn it I will have to use the loader to push it all together and get it going again. I need to get that done next week on my days off. Thanks for posting yours. You reminded me to get ours done.

I'm going to have to do the same thing. Only the middle burned up. Once the snow is down to less than a foot, I'll go back out with the skidsteer and build the pile back up and burn again.

Reactions: Gasifier
Looks like fun. If I did that where I live the PD and FD would be there in about 5 minutes!

I currently have a pile so big that I am going to have to call it in as a controlled burn. They will probably see it from space.:p

That dog ever get tired out? We have one too. That thing will run and run and run, all day long!

Status
Not open for further replies.