Fire gloves.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie

Minister of Fire
I searched and could not find a specific "fire glove" thread, so I thought I would post this about my gloves.

These are the best gloves ever, they really work well.

Mine are so good I just bought another pair just in case these ever do go bad.

Here are the specifics in case you want a pair.

Before these gloves, I tried two different other pairs and the red hot coals just melted and shrunk the fingers. These grey ones just get slightly hot under same conditions and the fingers just get tougher feeling.

They will of course get hot, but not like the other leather fire gloves.

Brand: Open Hearth Collection.
Extra long.
Fire place gloves
Panacea products corporation.
Columbus, Ohio

http://underbid.com/action/display/item/1054342237/sku/637423.html

http://www.idealtruevalue.com/servlet/the-71049/Detail

Above is the only place I could find them on internet, though my dealer carries them and has them in stock.
Let me know if you need to contact them.

When the fingers shrink on leather gloves, try soaking the gloves in a bucket of hot water for about an hour. Then take the gloves out of the water and insert round wood dowels about 8 inches long or so that are slightly larger in diameter than the finger holes into each finger and thumb. Push the dowels in really hard so they stretch the leather. Let dry for a couple days and viola! Good as new.

If you dont have dowels, you can use the following household items:

bathroom plunger handle
Broom handle
Paint roller extension pole

paulgp602 said:
When the fingers shrink on leather gloves, try soaking the gloves in a bucket of hot water for about an hour. Then take the gloves out of the water and insert round wood dowels about 8 inches long or so that are slightly larger in diameter than the finger holes into each finger and thumb. Push the dowels in really hard so they stretch the leather. Let dry for a couple days and viola! Good as new.

If you dont have dowels, you can use the following household items:

bathroom plunger handle
Broom handle
Paint roller extension pole

"Darn. Why didn't we think of that!"

- Marsha Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.