Fire in the Volcano....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinPiney

Feeling the Heat
Nov 25, 2008
In the Pines, NJ
Well three days straight of 40 degrees and rain sure makes a nice fire feel even nicer!! Got the volcano burnin good and hot tonight. I finally managed to get the chill outta my bones from a rainy, cold duck hunt this mornin.

fire001.jpg

fire002.jpg

My neighbor had a volcano - biggest firebox I have ever seen. He had ductwork over it that directed the heat throughout the house, it was quite the set up. He passed away last spring and I saw the stove and ductwork leave on a trailer last week - too bad, he put a lot of work into his house.

It's definately a big firebox. I can fit 10-15 medium size splits in it for an good overnight burn. Mine has the ductwork on top but i dont have it tied in yet. Still tryin to find a good route to run the pipe without smackin my head on it (low ceiling in the basement). Right now it just points towards the stairs and i leave the door open. It really puts out some heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.