Fire Pit Burn Saturday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xman23

Minister of Fire
Oct 7, 2008
Lackawaxen PA
I was a nice day, no wind for getting rid of old pallets and some splitting stumps. By the end of the day the pit had 2 feet of ash. It was still red hot Sunday night. Not the biggest back yard fire, but in our community they don't let you burn a uncontained fire. Im sure you guys have some better burns, lets see the pictures.
Fire Pit.jpg

Tom

Attachments

• Fire Pit.jpg
    Fire Pit.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 246
Reactions: fox9988 and quads
Nice.
I've wanted to have a pit fire since before the snow melt. It's either been too wet, or it's raining, or it's too windy, or like it's been for at least 2 weeks......too dry.
When's baby bear gonna' show up so I can have conditions that are 'just right"?
The buildup in the pit is really getting a bit crazy. I WANT fire!

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Posts in another thread but here's our pit. We do several fires a week throughout the summer. Nothing like a fire out back!

Attachments

• downloadfile.jpeg
    downloadfile.jpeg
    375.6 KB · Views: 173
Looks like you melted the wheel on that thing- that's some heat!
Yep the wheels have taken some heat. This pit used to have a propane bottle hanging off the bottom for starting the fire. Worked great. A bit scarry knowing the kind of fires we have. I glad it broke off. Can't wait for the summer, sittin around the fire sipping on a bottle of red. It dosen't get any better!!!

Reactions: ScotO
We used to only hava a fire while camping. Then these back yard fire pits came along. Now enjoy a back yard fire during the day at home. Nice use of tree trimmings and brush clean up. We have two acres of a mostly wooded lot so there is no shortage of stuff to burn. That is about the only time the wife doesn't demand the tv be on!

Nice fires.Don't you guys get enough of this during the winter?::P

I have a nice size one ready. This Saturday night I think. The kids have been hounding me about a bon fire. Smores on the mind.:confused:

Nice fires.Don't you guys get enough of this during the winter?::P

I have a nice size one ready. This Saturday night I think. The kids have been hounding me about a bon fire. Smores on the mind.:confused:
I NEVER get tired of fire!! ;)

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.