fire wont stay lit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon1

Feb 15, 2008
western man
I have a whitfield advantage peelet stove. As of late it has been burning a lazy flame on heat setting number 1, often leading to the flame going out. I have given the stove a good cleaning, removesd ash trap baffles etc. I also turned up the auger speed. I have also noticed the glass is very dirty and much harder to clean then it usuall is. Any suggestions?

Try adjusting your air damper. It seems like you don't have enough airflow into the stove.

Have you checked you vent pipe lately? Could be partially clogged.

i cleaned it out, but didn't clean out where it comes out of the stove. There is also a 45 a few inches away from where it attaches to the stove. Good suggestion!

you may want to try cleaning all the way to the exhaust blower and the blower housing as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.