Fire wood time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansson

Feeling the Heat
Now I have start to make next years fire wood.
Anyone more that have started?

Attachments

• DSC_0219 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0219 (Medium).JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 717
  • DSC_0221 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0221 (Medium).JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 715
  • DSC_0225 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0225 (Medium).JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 704
  • DSC_0227 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0227 (Medium).JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 691
  • DSC_0229 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    DSC_0229 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 743
Holy Sh&t;! nice toys.
I got started last month, about 1/2 way through.

Nice set up!

Went to the JAPA website japa.fi watched the video. Very nice.
How many Euro?

I haven't started yet.
There is still 2-3 feet of snow where I plan on cutting.
Then mud to dry out.
It will be May before anything happens.

Derek

Rowski said:
Nice set up!

Went to the JAPA website japa.fi watched the video. Very nice.
How many Euro?

I haven't started yet.
There is still 2-3 feet of snow where I plan on cutting.
Then mud to dry out.
It will be May before anything happens.

Derek

I don't now the exact price. My brother-in-law order a new tractor Valtra t190 so i think we got some discount.
I think we paid 3 600 euro

I started last month also, I only have a little more than a cord left to split. I have 6 split, 4 stacked already. I split by hand though, hope to be done this week.

Oh and like others have said, nice setup.
How much wood do you process a year with those toys ?

Nice equipment, nice wood, nice rolling countryside looks like your neck of the woods has it all. My Great Grand Ma and Pa Bergquist came from your area.
No wonder I live in the hills over here and enjoy burning birch so much, it's only instinctive.
What sort of equipment do you use to drag the logs outta the bush before using that forwarder, tractor or skidder?

Excellent Hansson. You will stay warm next winter. I like your tools too. Very nice.

You asked if anyone else has started. See my post from yesterday:

Splitting pile

Inferno we don't use something to drag the wood out,The tractor is 4wd and the carriage has power to so they ride in to the forest .
The carriage have a wire that we can use,

Backwoods Savage i like your setup.I want to have an ATV but they are so expensive here.
A new Polaris is 12 000 USD >:-(

the wood thats out in the snow will be in the container next year,and new stuff piled up for a year outside. endless cycle .
th_MYWOODSHED009.jpg
th_MYWOODSHED008.jpg
th_MYWOODSHED005.jpg
th_MYWOODSHED003.jpg

little round and split.....purfect combo.....long time to figure out......works great ;-)
can't wait to get goin' just as soon as the snow goes,prolly 3 weeks from now.

I finally started bucking my logs that the logger fell and piled for me this weekend..half the damn stack is still frozen in...I would say that I have abuot 5-6 cord laying there..only 1/2 done but I am further along this year than last!

just over 3 cords so far should get 2 more wensday

This past Saturday I just atarted bucking the stuff that got knocked down in December's ice storm. Now I need to move it to the processing area, split it, stack it, repeat the process till I'm done. I plan on spending a couple hours every weekend through mid to late May and hopefully be done with it. I'm aiming high for 10 cords cut, split and stacked which may giv eme as much as two full winters of heat...I've been burning around 6-7 cords but grasshopper that I am alot of my wood has been somewhat green and sizzling so I bet if I get it all seasoned properly I get it down to 4-5 cords used and considerably more heat in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.